Givenchy Fall 2013: Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Color Sensuously Matte Lipstick 308 Rouge D'exception Review & Swatch


So my curiosity towards Givenchy beauty product led me to buy the Le Rouge lipstick.
To be honest i didn't read any review about it when i decided to buy it like i always did before purchasing any beauty product, i was so interested to its luxe packaging and the fact that my first Givenchy lipstick is beyond amazing, i thought this one would be too. And i was right, this lipstick is one of the best lipstick i've ever tried!





Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick Rouge D'exception ($36) described as a warm berry lipstick in semi-matte finish. The color on the tube is, to be honest, unflattering to me. It's a brick red, looks like a color an older women would wear. But the thought changed after first apply on my lips, it's not old at all. Just a right amount of red with a hint of orange, not the kind of striking red that even me, who doesn't have guts to pull off a red lipstick during the day, can picture myself wearing this everyday. I call this shade as a tomato red, it really reminds me of a healthy juicy tomato :D




For someone who adores pretty packaging, this lipstick is really like an early christmas gift to me. Every inch of it speaks luxurious to me. I love the sleek design with brick accent on the cap, the studs details on the tube and Givenchy logo embossed on the lipstick, stunning!



The pigmentation is just like what i expected from a high end brand, amazing. Opaque in only one swipe, how amazing is that? The texture is smooth and creamy and it stays on my lips for 6 hours or so. I really really love the texture, it's like heaven on my dry lips. My lips look very healthy with this lipstick on. The finishing in my opinion is more of a satin creme than a semi-matte.

Overall, i think Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick is one of the best lipstick in the market, and totally a must have item in your make up stash. It really worth every penny you spend, with amazing formula, texture, pigmentation and the luxurious packaging.



Comments

Popular Posts