TheBalm Instain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush Review


Have you heard about TheBalm new cheeks product, Instain blush?
It was launched April 1st, last month and has been everywhere ever since.
This product carries 6 shades: Argyle, Lace, Toile, Houdstooth, Swiss Dot and Pin Stripe.

The company's describe Instain blush as:
 theBalm’s long-wearing, STAINING powder blush is a fashion must have! With six shades, perfect for all seasons and skin tones, it will give your cheeks color that won’t quit.

I purchased Lace, Argyle, Pinstripe and Toile.

Claims to be long wearing and staining, i must say i was very curious with Instain blushes and i had a high expectation of them. I was very excited when they came, because the colors on the pan are just pretty and bright.

Instain blush, just like the Boy and Mama series, come in cardboard packaging with a paper sleeves and a mirror inside. And the design is very cute, women in various skin tones, dressed in vintage outfits (1920-ish maybe?) I like it more than the Boy and Mama series.

Let's take a look at them a little closer :)


ARGYLE

Described as a petal pink color, Argyle is a very pretty pink that will be perfect for any occasion. Although it's pretty, i don't find it "special". I mean, it's a pink we can find anywhere on any brand. But it's a pretty color nonetheless. It's a matte finish and very pigmented, although i'm not sure about the staining.

 TOILE

Toile described as a strawberry pink. Toile is the first one that caught my eyes when i was picking what shade to buy. Compared to my other strawberry pink blush, Coral Key Largo, Toile has a coral/orange feel to it while Key Largo is pure strawberry pink, like the strawberry kewpie doll above, but deeper. I love Toile, the color is very unique and pretty on the cheeks. It's matte finish and stays on forever on the cheeks :D

 LACE

Lace described as bright pink. Lace is my second favorite shade from all the shades i have. I reaaaallllyyy love that it's really bright both on the pan and on the cheeks. The pretty stunning bright. Lace is the brightest pink blush on my collection so far, and i love how it looks on my cheeks. It's also matte finish and stays on forever too. Imagine teaming up Lace with MAC Pink Nouveau Lipstick, cat eye liner and thick lashes. Aaaah~

PINSTRIPE

I had been wanting for a plum blush for quite some time, but hesitated to buy it, afraid it would look awful on me. But i challenged myself when i saw Pinstripe, i thought at least once i should give it a try. And i think that was the best decision i made last month (lebay lol), but seriously, Pinstripe may look intimidating on the pan, but once applied, you'll get a pretty&natural glowing plumish cheeks. It's very pretty, very very very very pretty. The plum is very subtle, not over the top plum, very wearable. The shimmer is subtle and not emphasizing pores. It stays more than 8 hours on me.


the swatches on my hand

Well i must say i really like these blushes.
The packaging are cute, the colors in the pan are pretty, the pigmentation and staying power is amazing.
Some of them do stain, yes, but only if i apply them a lot. which kinda impossible with that kind of pigmentation. And since i need only a little amount of product for both of my cheeks, it will take forever until i need to buy the new ones, yay.

My only issue is the application. Because of the pigmentation, application is tricky. After some experiments with Tarte & Real Techniques blush brushes and my fingers, for me the best tool to apply these blushes is CQ flat top brush, from makeuptoolshop. It also requires a light handed application and a lottttttt of blending movements. Blend, blend, blend, blend !

And here's how they look on my face, minus Pinstripe. I forgot to take selca when i wore Pinstripe. Will do a special FOTD with Pinstripe next time :D

Argyle

Lace

Toile

If you haven't got yourself TheBalm Instain blush, i highly recommended you to at least have 1 or 2.
I regret why i didn't buy Swiss Dot also, i just saw the swatch and it's a pretty orange blush. I think i will buy it too soon :)


Until next post ladies :)

xx


Comments

Post a Comment

Hi thank you for visiting. It'll be nice to hear feedback from you :)

Popular Posts